This week the papers were full of lists. What is in, what is out; the good things of the year and the bad; and there were even lists of things they hope will go away in 2009.My list is simple. It is the highlights of the year for me. Some are good, some are bad. The list doesn't amount to much in the scheme of life, but it is important to me.
In no particular order:
- Regular dinners and plays with Erik and Jennifer
- A cancer scare that wasn't
- The support of friends during the scare
- A new friend, Kirsten
- Developing a deeper friendship with Janet R
- Turning 65 with good friends and "little brother" Henry and his wife Ann
- Performing the first same sex marriage in Alameda County
- The election that took the right of marriage away from same sex couples
- Marrying Hank and Thom
- Marrying Sean and Rojan
- Richard's and Luis' wonderful friendship and gift of the "guest house"
- Seeing Karl and Debby after 2 1/2 years
- Family(Lee and Phil, Karen, Keith and Kaus) coming for Christmas
- The economy destroying our retirement funds
- My wonderful husband, Marty
Happy New Year.