Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

It was brought to our attention through a phone call and Facebook that we have been slow in posting.  It seems time has passed so fast.  We had a quiet Christmas and Skyped friends and family from California to Germany.  We had phone calls from Florida, Texas and Kentucky.  It was great to talk to everyone. 

New Year's Eve was exciting. Our friend Mark brought Chinese dinner for us.  I took a nap and Marty woke me as they were dropping the ball in Time's Square. 

As far how I am feeling, There is no pain except for old lady aching joints.  There is always a slight feeling of nausea that we have been able to control.  There were a couple of days that I had to have some Mr. Morphine but that has gone away for a while.  The neuropathy is continuing to be an issue.  I cannot pull off the cap from the hypodermic syringe to give  me my daily shots.  I have an overall feeling of helplessness.  If I am just in the recliner I feel like I could get up and do most anything.  But, when it comes to  getting out of the recliner it takes a major effort to stand up by myself and grab the walker.  The farthest I walk is about 8 feet to my decorative potty chair that we have added to our living room décor.  I have the smallest bladder in the world and I make this trip often.   This can only be done with help from Marty or friends who are sitting with me.  You cannot pull up a gown, lower your underpants and hold onto a walker at the same time.  And then I make the long trek back to the recliner. 

I haven't used oxygen much but sometimes I have some shortness of breath and this relieves that.  I am stronger in that I can get out of the recliner by myself, when I walk I am much steadier and Marty does not have to walk behind me to keep me steady.  At night I can sorta rearrange myself in the bed without help. 

They do not want me to walk much because of the blood clot even though it has been greatly reduced.  To get to the kitchen for meals I ride in my fancy red and black wheelchair.  Speaking of meals, taste buds are still fickle and I am not thrilled at eating anything.  I make myself eat.

Happy New Year to everyone.  Thank you for all of your support and prayers.  May 2016 be a good year.  Love to everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Janet, Happy New Year!! You and Marty are in my thoughts every day. Please feel a hug from me each morning, our holiday card should be making its way to you very soon.

Much love,
Amy