Monday, March 7, 2011

Lots of stuff

Last week must have been busy.  I blogged about Wednesday's weddings and then nothing.  I don't remember being that busy except on Friday.  We had a friend to dinner Friday and I was busy cooking all day.  But what was I doing the rest of the time?

Thursday I cleaned house, did laundry, and made potato salad

Friday I set the table and made the rest of the meal.

Saturday did more laundry, and saw Rango.

Sunday a lazy day.  I talked to different member of family in Kentucky for a long long time.  I read and cooked.

Nothing adds up to being too busy to blog.  But it does look like nothing there to blog about.

Below are a couple of pictures from the dinner party Friday.


This is the wonderful cooker that the brisket is cooked in.  It was made for a couple of years and then they stopped making it.  It is a little dangerous.  When you open it to baste the meat, the steam pours out and burns you.  No way can you open this safely.  We don't care, it cooks meat to perfection.

Our table ready for the food to fill the bowls and platters.  I was going to take the pictures of the food, and I forgot.  Oh well.

So as I said not much to blog about.  But this is how a normal life goes.  Laundry, housecleaning, cooking.

No comments: