Saturday, September 7, 2013

In a heartbeat

Last post, life was slow, nothing happening.  Well that has all changed in a heart beat, pun intended.  I was in my Kaiser Doctor's office for a check up to refill a cough medication. He took my pulse and all hell broke loose.  My heart was pounding in an irregular pattern, yet I couldn't feel the pounding.  He ordered the EKG cart to the room.  The EKG confirmed what he felt with my pulse.  It was atrial fibrillation.  In under 5 minutes I was in an ER room being worked on.

I was there for 4 hours and then I was admitted to the cardiac monitoring unit. That was Thursday today is Saturday and I am still in the hospital.  They are still trying to get the beat and rate back to normal.  Just to keep the drama going, my blood pressure is bonkers too.  A gazillion tests have been done, buckets of blood drawn, and every medicine you can think, pill and drip, and still I'm not stable.

There is no pain, just tired.  Kaiser has taken great care of me.  The medical staff is excellent in physical and emotional care for the patient.  They also have made sure Marty has eaten.  One nurse found out he hadn't had supper last night and she got him a tray of food. 

Because of the above I will not be marrying couples or working with first graders this coming week.  Joe our guest blogger has sent me a couple of blogs and I will post one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of that! It's great that they're taking good care of you, and that they caught the issue! I'll be praying your health is restored soon so you can get back home and back into your routine. ((hugs))