Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Annabella said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Annabella is our great niece.  Her Dad is a pilot stationed at Travis Air Force Base.  When I first met Annabella last year she was three years old.  She asked if I had a guest room for her. A few months later she and her family came for brunch, the first thing she wanted to see was the guest room.  It seemed to pass muster.

Her big brother had made the trip alone to see grandparents last month.  She is too young to fly without an adult.  I thought I would give her a little trip this weekend.  We planned to pick her up Saturday morning to visit us.  Her family would come for lunch on Sunday and take her home.  Dad thought she would want to come. 

I had a few plans, just in case she hated something.  We had a Plan A, B, and C.  Plan A was take her to Children's Fairyland.  This is the place that inspired Walt Disney to create Disneyland.  Plan B,  Smurfs.  Plan C, put her at the kitchen table with a computer and earphones and stream movies from Netflix.  We won't tell her parents about that one.

 Dad Tres called us.  Bella doesn't want to spend the night.  It is just too big a step for a four year old.  I understand.  I was the kid the parents had to come pick up when it was bedtime.  I am disappointed.  But better Bella likes the idea than Bella come and get homesick and have an hour's drive home crying. 

1 comment:

vallerose said...

My older nephew didn't spend a night with us until he was 19. He came for MacWorld. I was worried he would never leave home. Now he is a world traveler.