Saturday, April 6, 2013

WOW, it has been a whole week

I don't know where this week went, well yes I do.  I always post something every couple of days, or at least say I am busy can't post for a while.  So sorry I left you without me to read.

Sunday I started the week feeling great, ready to take on the first graders and the Marriage Factory.  Monday it all went to hell in a hand basket.  I am walking across the kitchen and tripped on the extension cord.  All I could think was, don't fall, don't fall.  I have had back surgery and falling is never a good thing for me.  Plus, I am a senior citizen.  Our bodies do not do falls well.  I grabbed the table and didn't hit the ground.  Unfortunately my knee (the good one not needing a replacement) took a turn opposite the rest of my body.  PAIN!  I should have taken the fall. 

Tuesday I couldn't go to school.  I might have been able to help sitting in a chair.  But I couldn't make the walk from where I park down the hill one block and up hill the next block. 

Then we had a huge money issue.  We had taken an option on an extended warranty on the car, to the tune of several thousand $$$$.  We left a check, they would cash it if we didn't cancel by a certain date.  Marty called, canceled the option.  He went online to pay bills and we have a zero balance.  They had cleaned out our bank account.  No money to pay bills.  What the hell?  After visits, phone calls, they admitted they made an error.  They would write a check and refund the money in TEN to TWELVE days.  NO, money right now.  It took two more days, but we got our money back.  I am hoping someone was fired over this.

That filled my head all week.  I still am ready to kill someone. 

We were so upset over this that we almost forgot we had friends coming for dinner on Friday.  Our first real dinner party in the new place.  With our money back we could shop for good stuff, and we did.  We wanted a lovely meal, but one we didn't have to hover over. 

The menu:

Chipotle Shrimp in tortilla scoops
Dolly's Hot Cheese spread

Cesar Salad with fresh asparagus

Individual Beef Wellingtons
Tomatoes stuffed with mushrooms, dill, zucchini,

Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse

Various wines and Champagne

The food was fabulous, and a good time was had by all.

That was my week.  I did limp into the Marriage Factory and will post about that another time. Today shirts to iron, University of Louisville to watch in the Final Four, and maybe a nap.


No comments: