Thursday, April 11, 2013

Where were the Groom and the guests?

Last week I did three marriage ceremonies and yesterday I did five.  I used to do eight in one afternoon.  Don't know what is slowing down the love. 

One couple stands out for several reasons.  She was in a creamy chiffon dress. It was knee length with a Grecian top.  She carried white roses.  The groom wore his Air Force Blues.  They were very emotional during the ceremony.  The groom was barely able to speak, he tried to talk and nothing would come out the first time.  After the ceremony I thanked him for his service, and told him the Air Force was near and dear to my heart.  My step father, brother, husband, and my nephew were Air Force.  I told him about our nephew, the Colonel who took the job in Turkey and moved my pretend grandchildren away.  I told the young Airman, if he ever ran into Colonel Triplett to tell him I wanted those children back here.  He said, "Guys like me don't talk to Colonels."

I was given my last license of the day yesterday about 3:55. The groom was 65 and the bride was 49. I called the couple's names.  A woman jumped up and started babbling: I figured out that the groom was putting money in the meter.  Just how quick do they think we can do the paper work and the ceremony?  He hadn't been in the building 15 minutes, yet has to put more money in the meter.  She is frantic, saying she will go get him, and takes off running.  So I wait and wait.  The bride comes back, he is on the way, but the witnesses are stuck in traffic.  The bride is nearly in tears, she is breathing hard, and so upset.  I told her we have time, to go sit down and take deep breaths, this will all work out.   The groom arrives and the witnesses soon after.  The bride is still upset.  I say let's go upstairs for the ceremony, and they say, "Oh, Bridgett isn't here."  So we wait some more. 

Finally at 4:20 everyone shows up and we do the ceremony.  I had liked the the couple, but their daughters ticked me off.  During the ceremony the women are bumping each other for position to take pictures.  I turned to them and asked if I needed to separate them.  One snarled no.  But they kept pushing each other.  The bride was sweet, but wore one of those thin white dresses.  It was a simple white cotton dress with a few small embroidered flowers on the bust and a couple on the hem line.  But her navel, bikini pants and bra showed through. 

By now, 4:40, the building is closed for the day.  And these people will not leave the wedding room.  I get them finally to the elevator.  What do they do?  They turned around and head down a hall that is not a public part of the building.  I had to use my school teaching voice and tell them they had to exit the building.  I was glad to see the backs of these people finally go out the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I stopped up here, however
I believed this submit was once great. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if
you are not already. Cheers!

Look at my web site - diets that work fast for women