Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Health Update

Yesterday, Tuesday, I had another round of chemo.  One minor side effect and it is one I will take over vomiting any day.  I am having difficulty sleeping at night.  Last night I woke up at 1:30 and it was close to 5:00 before I went back to sleep.  I did sleep until 8:30 so I got a little rest.  I can't decide whether to stay and bed and hope I will fall asleep or to get up and read myself to sleep in the recliner.  If the problem persists I think I will try the recliner.  At least that way I won't be disturbing Marty with my restlessness.

I am much healthier.  Even the nurse commented yesterday on how much better my color is.  As I keep saying to be so very ill, I am pretty healthy.  I am doing more domestic things.  I have cooked some meals, prepped meals for Marty to cook, and washed a boatload of dishes.  How 2 people can use so many plates and glasses is beyond me.  I really wish this apartment had a dishwasher besides me.

I am walking in the apartment regularly.  I am still afraid to walk outside because I am a little wobbly and lots of my meds make me dizzy.  Add to that my vertigo  and I bounce off the walls sometimes.  The walking is still fairly slow, but I have met my goal of 30 minutes.  Now to get my speed up.

I haven't heard back from the lab about my biopsy.  It has been 7 days and I feel I should have heard something by now, so I sent an email to my surgeon.  Maybe he can prod the lab.  The knot is smaller and the hole he punched in it no longer hurts.  I am having some allergy sneezing and that was painful.  Now I can sneeze and not curse.

I am doing well.  Much stronger and not as wimpy as I was a couple of weeks ago.  I have plans to walk with a friend soon at the marina. A beautiful view and a flat walk.  Now to find a time she can take me. 

Again thank all of you for your love, support, and prayers.

1 comment:

ButchCountry said...

I am praying for you night and day, I am losing my wife to cancer, she fought hard for 1 year but now, she soon will be one of God's angels

I pray that you have good health and a long happy loving life Peace be with you