Sunday, April 25, 2010

COMPANY'S COMING, OH NO

This weekend has been interesting. We were having guests for a late Sunday lunch. I needed to get laundry done and put up ( I take days to put up clean laundry, I hate putting up laundry), groceries bought, ironing done, the house cleaned, and food cooked. Well the best laid plans of mice and men . . .

Friday my ongoing rotator cuff problem had a relapse. I was in major pain and could barely move my left arm. I am doing good drugs and icing regularly. Cleaning the house was not happening, I gave the house a lick and a promise. Marty would do the shopping on Saturday. I could do the laundry, and the ironing. Ironing had to happen. I did not iron last week and there was a sh*t load of shirts to iron. Ironing was not a smart move since I may be right handed, but I iron equally with my left hand. More pain.

Everything did happen. The food was prepared, the house looked fine, and we had a lovely visit. Thank goodness Marty is a domesticated male. If he weren't we would still be getting ready.

1 comment:

kts said...

In my world, ironing never HAS to happen....:) So sorry you are feeling poorly and best wishes for a speedy recovery!