Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This Time He Cooked Pho

Sunday Marty gathered his ingredients for Pho.  My Asian friends have tried to teach me to pronounce it.  The closest I get to it is fa, rhymes with Pa, Ma.  Even if we can’t say it correctly, we like to eat it.

IMG_1951

This time he used the recipe from the box of broth.  Usually he makes his own broth, but wanted to try this.  I think his is better.

IMG_1950

Rice noodles and the broth.

IMG_1952

Rice noodles going in the water.

IMG_1954

Noodles cooking.

IMG_1956

Broth with secret ingredients, unless you read the recipe on the box, then not so secret.  Of course knowing Marty, the recipe is only a starting point.

IMG_1957

Broth with noodles, raw thinly sliced beef to drop in to cook, basil, cilantro, jalapenos, and bean sprouts.

IMG_1959

Just a different angle of the table.

This was  really good.  Unfortunately Monday night Marty was all done cooking.  I had to fix supper.  We had curried chicken and lots of toppings.  No one took pictures of me cooking.  So you will have to imagine what a gorgeous plate of food I put out.

No comments: