Sunday, May 15, 2011

Belated Mother's Day

We were out of town on Mother's Day.  So today we celebrated with Erik and his wife, Jennifer.  When we are with Erik it becomes the battle of the phones.  We take pictures of each other.  We then post them on facebook.  We take pictures of the food and post them on facebook.  And then I download all the pictures and post them on my blog.

There are no pictures this time.  As we were hugging them goodbye, I realized no pictures were taken, by any of us.  Bummer. 

We had a great visit.  They have recently moved to our side of the tunnel and this was our first visit to the new place.  Their condo is fabulous.  Great kitchen, large living space, 2 1/2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, two balconies and a view of San Francisco. 

Erik and Jennifer took us to Sea Salt for brunch.  This is a well known restaurant in Berkeley.  And it lived up to its reputation.  Erik had truffled eggs.  I had a breakfast sandwich which had creamy cheese, ham, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce,.  Jennifer had a scrambled egg sandwich which had some wonderful cheese in it.  Marty had scrambled eggs with cheese.  We were all very happy with our choices.

This was a very special Mother's Day for me.  Thank you Erik and Jennifer.  I love you both very much.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds like a great time. It's time for us to make another trip out there!

Janet Rudolph said...

Sounds lovely. Love Sea Salt... and glad you had fun! Missing the photos, though

vallerose said...

Glad you had a wonderful day. I used to go to Sea Salt with my late (unfortunately) neighbor Jean. We would go to a nursery, load up on plants and then have lunch.

By the way, have you noticed that our favorite fruit, cherries, is now in season? My stomach is already complaining.