Thursday, October 3, 2013

Normal continues

This week I have worked on walking longer and faster.  Today, Thursday, I walked 40 minutes.  The last 10 minutes seemed like an hour.  But I did it.  And I walked faster, thus further than all week.  One way I keep my pace up is listening to good music on Pandora.  Some of the best music for me to walk fast: Areosmith, Abba, Def Leppard , Classic Rock, and Queen. 

I have cooked a little, but mostly I let Marty cook, and I wash dishes. I do make my own breakfast and lunch. But Marty is the Chef.  He is doing a great job integrating the Cardiac, Diabetic, and Warfarin diets.  So far so good.  I am losing weight, a good thing, and I don't feel too deprived.  The food is tasty.  I do miss cheese, sauces,  and Bourbon.  I plan to find some cheese that is low fat low sodium.  But there is no substitute for Bourbon. Sauces probably can be adapted.  We will see.

I did some light housekeeping, very light.  I make the bed each morning. This weekend I am planning to tackle laundry.  The hard part is going up and down the 26 steps so many times.  That scares me.  I was going to try it today.  But we decided to wait until Marty is home in case I have problems. 

Next week the plan is to go back to the Marriage Factory Monday and to school on Tuesday.  We will see just how strong I am. 

No comments: