Saturday, February 8, 2014

BUNNIES!!

Tuesday my time at Kaiser School was a little different.  There were County muckety mucks there to observe, then they held their meeting in the library.  So no library time for the children.  And we had bunnies to look at.  All in not a bad day.

I thought I would show you some of the homework package that goes home every Tuesday.


 
Front and back of instructions and news from Portable B
 
 
The dreaded word problems
 
 
Phonics and following directions
 
 
And more math
 
I have to say the above is more advanced than most of my first grade classes.  In defense of my students and my teaching, in Kentucky in the 1960's, kindergarten was not offered in public schools.  Children came to school not knowing their colors, how to use scissors, how to hold a pencil, or even the alphabet.  We were teaching preschool, kindergarten, and first grade all in one school year. 
 
 

 
Bunnies as promised.  The father who supplies the duck/chicken eggs for the classes to take care of every spring, brought in bunnies.  They were there for just that day.  Little black and little white bunnies who were adorable. 
 
Another fun day with the first graders.
 
 

No comments: