Sunday, November 15, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Thursday afternoon I went on line to make an appointment for a routine mammogram. Usually appointments are a couple of months out. I clicked on next available and it came up Friday @1:45. I was surprised and grabbed it. Ladies, make your appointments if you are due. I have a dear friend who did a routine mammogram and they found a lump. She has had surgery, radiation and is now cancer free. Mammograms will save your life.

Saturday I called Direct TV because the Tivo box wasn't calling the satellite ( long boring story). Anyway, because of my "inconvenience" they gave me 3 free months of Showtime. That is 13 channels. So far there isn't much we want to watch. I asked if they had any senior citizens discounts, no. All they had were discounts for "NEW" customers. I told the rep that ticked me off. I have been a customer for 15 years, and why don't I get special treatment? So he is taking $10.00 off each month for the next 6 months. I will then call and ask what happened to my discount.

Why can't you find the H1N1 vaccine in the Bay Area? I talked to a friend in New Orleans today, they have plenty of vaccine. Here in the Bay Area, not enough to go around.

Marty and I were so domestic today. One major chore was to defrost the freezer in the garage. Of course it is full of food. We put the food in plastic tubs and wrapped the tubs in towels. Then he "walked"the freezer into the driveway and turned it off. We opened it up and turned a fan on it and let it melt. I then cleaned it inside and out, and he loaded it back up. We only found one thing that we knew we would never eat. So I threw away the fish sticks. The freezer is lovely, all clean, organized, and will last that way about a week. Then I won't be able to find anything again.

No comments: