Monday, January 11, 2010

BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN . . .

Today we got up really early, for us. Marty has jury duty and had to leave by 7:30. Most days we aren't up by 7:30. Anyway, I planned to get back in the bed and sleep another hour. Then I would start my day again.

Marty is not even out of the driveway and I am in the bed. I close my eyes and start to relax. Then I heard it beep, beep, beep, beep, beep and on and on, it sounds like our alarm clock but it's a truck backing up. Another truck, beep, beep, beep beep, beep, beep. Annoying, isn't it? Then the sawing began and the hammering, and the grinding, and the pounding with lots of loud voices yelling over all the noise. I had forgotten. Across the street and two doors up, remodeling going on.

If I am asleep I don't hear this noise. But trying to go back to sleep didn't work. After 15 minutes I gave up. Now that I am up and dressed I am real sleepy. I hope I stay awake while doing weddings this afternoon.

No comments: