Saturday, June 19, 2010

Such a busy girl

If you have been reading my posts for the last couple of weeks, you know I have been busy.  There were things I haven't posted about:  the last meeting of my book group until fall, which was a pot luck; the day I lunched in one town, picked up my glasses in another town, bought gas in the third town, and got my hair cut in the fourth town, drove back home to the fifth town.

With all that running around, I have still been domestic: done laundry, cleaned house, ironed, and cooked some outstanding meals.  In spite of all the running around and being June Cleaver I have managed to keep up with Deadliest Catch, So You Think You Can Dance, Top Chef and Pawn Stars.  I do have my priorities straight. 

With the busy schedule I did manage on Wednesday to perform 6 weddings.  All of them couples in love.  All of them very nice people. One couple stands out.  The groom was born in 1922 and the bride was born in 1952. It was an obvious love match, which made the wedding touching.  After the wedding the bride in her thick Filipino accent asked me where I was from.  "You have an interesting accent.  You look and sound just like Paula Dean."

I have got to lose the accent and get rid of the grey hair!

1 comment:

vallerose said...

Did you tell the bride that you cook better than Paula?