Monday, October 22, 2012

I was just a wee bit ticked

For those that don't know me, a little background.  I am over punctual.  I arrive early everywhere.  I sit in the car and read until time for appointments.  Being late is never an option.  And I am offended by people who are always late. I told off my dentist and her hygienists for being constantly late (I had the first appointment of the day usually.) Things happen, traffic or a dead battery, and even I have been late.  But you can see I have a low tolerance for lateness. 

Today I had an appointment for a haircut at 9:30.  The alarm went off, I had a shower, dressed, and took off for the salon. To be there on time I had to skip my hour of pool exercises.  I arrived early of course.  I checked email, gotta love smart phones.  At 9:26 I got out of the car and walked up to the salon.  The door was locked and no lights on inside.  Not a good sign. At 9:40 I called my hairdresser, Maggie, it went to voicemail.  I left a detailed message, got in the car and headed back to Richard's house.

Just as I was nearly to the house, my phone rang.  I pulled over and answered it.  "This is Maggie, someone called me???"  She didn't listen to the voicemail?  Is that any way to run a business?  I explained to her I had an appointment and who I was.  She didn't have a clue what I was talking about.  At this point I am fighting to remain civil.  I asked her when she could take me.  She would work me in at 10:30.  Work me in?  That ticked me.  She should have said I have an opening at  . . .   But I was to be worked in.  Fine, I need my hair cut and I don't want to start over with someone new.

I continued to the house, stomped into the house and told my sorry tale.  Then I went back to get my hair cut.  I lucked out and only had to wait less than 10 minutes to be "worked in". 

Maggie apologized over and over.  She had put me down on the wrong day.  She did a fairly good haircut.  But she had forgotten I only wanted it cut and no blow dry or curling iron.  I planned to get in the pool and do those exercises later.  She started blowing my hair dry, and I stopped her.  Great surprise on her part.  I was not paying more money for something I did not want.  She should have written down last time what I wanted in her book.  I did make an appointment for November. 

But trust me, this did affect her tip.

1 comment:

vallery said...

That happened to me one time. I arrived and no hair stylist. She had forgotten to write me down. She arrived 30 minutes later and cut my hair. I don't think I went back.