Friday, May 25, 2012

I declared myself well today . . . but

This morning I decided I was well.  I have been sick for over a week.  On antibiotics and an inhaler for 5 days, today the 6th day I should be well.  I slept all night, no coughing!  I had returned to normal.

For the first time since Sunday (today is Friday) I completely dressed and did the high maintenance stuff.  Full makeup, used the curling iron, I even put on a bra. I looked good.  I felt awful.  I was exhausted and I had a huge coughing attack. 

I was going to push through it.  I had over a week’s ironing to do.  The house is yucky.  And I want to go to the movies this weekend.  Then one of the lovely side effects of the antibiotics hit me.

Some of the side effects are intestinal upsets, dizziness, and nausea.  Today waves of nausea hit me.  I put myself back to bed and slept for 3 hours.

When I got up I did do some ironing.  Not much, but the pile of shirts is a little smaller.  And I put up the laundry.

Keep your fingers crossed, tomorrow I really hope I am well enough to go to the movies.  There are a lot of movies out there I want to see.

No comments: