Friday, June 26, 2009

DOMESTIC GODDESS, almost

Yesterday and today I have been in domestic mode, not mood. I don't want to do the things I have done and still need to do. But someone has to and it is in my job description of Domestic Goddess.

So yesterday and today I cleaned out drawers in the guest room, put clean sheets on the bed, and worked on the closet. We have company coming. The guest room is my closet and my storage area. Remember we live in an old 2 bedroom house. Small closets. When guests come, I have to rearrange stuff so they don't live out of their suitcases. I am almost there. We have three large empty drawers now. And the closet has had things hung double and on multiple blouse hangers. Of course while they are here, I will be in the room anytime I dress, undress, need a jacket, purse, shoes, jewelery. It isn't bad sharing with family, really awkward if they aren't related.

I also did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, found a leak in the sink pipe (Marty fixed it when he got home) and changed the sheets on our bed. I then fixed a great cumin chicken for supper.

Today I continued in the Domestic Goddess mode. More laundry to do and to put up. We are either the dirtiest or cleanest people in the world. Always doing laundry. I don't mind washing and drying laundry, I don't mind putting up underwear, shirts, nightgowns, towels; but I hate matching socks. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Marty has navy and black socks that look just alike. You need bright sunlight to tell them apart. And then there is the problem of the vanishing mates. Where do they go? Why do they show up the week after you give up and throw the other sock away? Just asking.

Next Wednesday final cleaning and shopping. Little Brother and Ann arrive on Thursday morning.

No comments: