Monday, June 15, 2009


Today has not been very good, other than the weddings. I will post about them tomorrow if time. But today, ugh!

At 2:30 or so, I woke up to total darkness. I admit I am terrified of the dark. There are no street lights, no night lights in the house. DARK CREEPY. I found my emergency lantern, called PG&E and sat in the living room. I set my Palm alarm in case our electric clock radio didn't go off. The lights came on about 45 minutes later. I went back to bed, but couldn't go back to sleep for an hour. Tired, tired and slept in this morning.

Marty had a doctor's appointment for a biopsy on his tongue at 8:30. ( The doctor says it looks benign, but still cut a hunk out) As a result Marty can only have cold liquids to eat for a couple of days. So the perfect wife made a lovely avocado and tomato soup. They are separate soups and poured into the bowl simultaneously. This was good and very attractive to look at.

While we ate I was simmering a fruit soup that would be served over ice cream. It had blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and red wine. Then it was to cool and then be put in a blender. I poured it into the blender and then twisted the container to lock it into the motor. It wouldn't lock, I started to pick up the container and the bottom came off the container. I had five cups of wine, sugar, and red and blue fruit all over my counter, my jeans and shirt, the floor,the rug, the white cabinets, and counter tops. Marty goes for the rags/cleaning towels, I am ripping paper towels and throwing them on the edge of the counter. We have the soup on the white cabinets, the rug, my jeans, the floor, the counters, dishwasher, stove, everywhere in the kitchen. I am crying. I have tried to make a special "sick food' and made a mess.

Have I ruined the cabinets? What about the kitchen floor? My jeans and shirt are soaking wet and very red. I keep crying, I wanted Marty to have a tasty liquid meal. I have just made a mess. And it was an expensive mess, fruit and red wine are not cheap. We cleaned up forever. Not only did we have fruit and red wine, there was sugar in it too. STICKY! Oh what a mess. I kept crying, and Marty kept trying to make me calm down. Here he is, with the end of his tongue cut off, and he is comforting me.

Tomorrow, back to Safeway for raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I am scared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...