Friday, January 23, 2009

I CONFESS . . .

I am a from scratch cook. Marty is a from scratch cook. Both our families are scratch cooks. I wrote about Rao's an Italian brand that was worth using, It tastes great, it looks good ( no tomato skins floating in the sauce), it is worth opening the jar. I don't use canned sauces. But trust me Rao's is good. I wrote about this brand in a previous blog.

Marty cooked tonight. Hallelujah!!! (And he cleaned up) He sauteed diced chicken, put in fresh asparagus. cooked some fancy pasta called tortiglionini , combined it with the Rao's Arrabbiata Sauce and put it on an heated plate. A lovely meal. We also had a mixed greens salad with my home made blue cheese dressing. The sauce was as good or better than I can make from scratch. And it was ready about 3 hours faster than I could make it. This was worth the $9.00 a jar. It says it will serve 6. Not at our house, maybe 4 1/2. Still a bargain when you factor in time and materials. So maybe some store bought products are OK to use. But I am very careful. Scratch cooking is still 98% better.

As to my blog about Meniere's disease ( look at the blog below this one), I have done a study over the last couple of days. You should not drink with Meniere's in an active mode. Trust me, wine just makes me dizzier. I can hardly find my wine glass.

No comments: